Recycle your gift at the Holiday Social!
If you have an unused trinket or gift, please bring it to the social. There will be a random drawing for donated gifts.
Affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management
Chartered in N Charleston, SC
We are an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management. Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local starting point for networking, information, professional development and continued support of excellence in Human Resources.
We welcome your use of this site as a resource, and encourage you to check back frequently for updated information. We also encourage your involvement and suggestions about all of our activities, on the web and off.
We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming meeting or event!
After the Birthday Rule goes into effect on February 1, 2014, your new recertification date will be the end of your birth month. You will continue to have at least three (3) years to complete your recertification cycle. However, instead of your cycle ending in the month in which you became certified, it will be extended to the end of the month in which you were born. You will NOT need to earn more than 60 credits during this one-time initial extended cycle.
This change will result in a number of benefits:
· It will allow you to more easily remember when your recertification cycle ends (just like your driver’s license!)
· It will spread HRCI’s workload out evenly throughout the year, allowing them to provide better and timelier service.
Here is how the new rule will be implemented for all recertification cycles ending February 1, 2014, and later:
· If the month in which you are due to recertify (for example, June 2014) is the same as your birth month listed in our records (for example, June 2014), your cycle date will remain the same.
· If the month in which you are due to recertify (for example, June 2014) occurs earlier in the year than your birth month listed in our records (for example, December 2014), your cycle date will be extended to the end of your birth month, later that same year (in this example, December 31, 2014).
· If the month in which you are due to recertify (for example, June 2014) occurs later in the year than your birth month listed in our records (for example, January 2014), your cycle end date will be extended to the end of your birth month in the following year (in this example, January 31, 2015).
With this change, no one will have less than three (3) years to recertify. You will also receive a new certificate in late March 2014 with your new recertification cycle end date. HRCI will share additional details about the Birthday Rule through our website and blogs in early 2014.
Please stay tuned, HRCI will be sharing more of the enhancements, features and updates to the recertification program over the coming weeks via their website.
Out of Work? APPLY NOW for a Transitioning SHRM Membership
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) provides active members who are unemployed at the time of the membership renewal a one-time opportunity to extend their membership for up to one year—at no cost! SHRM believes this continued affiliation to our loyal members will help transitioning members stay current on the issues impacting the HR profession and provide them with the needed resources to assist them in their job search.
For more information, visit SHRM Transitioning Members.
The Tri County Human Resource Management Association (TCHRMA) serves human resource professionals in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester counties in South Carolina. Our members represent a wide variety of industries, sectors, and backgrounds, including construction, education, finance, government, health care, hospitality, insurance, law, manufacturing, non-profit, technology, utilities, and more!
Our members and guests enjoy learning and networking at monthly educational meetings complete with a full dinner or lunch and dessert... supporting student human resource chapters at local universities... getting involved in grassroots activities affecting the human resource field... gaining access to training and preparatory resources for the PHR, SPHR and GPHR certification exams... developing contacts with top-notch human resource professionals in our region.. and scouting human resource job openings and resumes.
You can find out more about us by using the menu links at the left. Please feel free to come check us out!
Click here to contact the Webmaster - Beth Blanchard
Click here to contact the Co-Webmaster - Julie Free
Follow TCHRMA on Twitter!! Go to www.twitter.com and search "tchrma". Followers of TCHRMA will receive tweets of chapter info, area educational seminars, and volunteer opportunities